All shoes need a little love sometime and Rainboot and Gumboots will sometimes scream for it so show them the love with our helpful tips.
How Do I Care for my Gumboots?
Natural rubber has similar features to leather please make sure to follow these guidelines for care:.
TAKING YOUR BOOTS OFF
- Use a shoe horn or lift your toes up heel down and pull off. If you do not have a heel peg at the back of the boot
- Do not use your other foot to push the boot off as this may cause the heel to split from the boot in the case of a two piece weld.
CLEANING YOUR BOOTS
- Rinse boots after use using a mild detergent non solvent based detergent.
- Do not use any type of solvent as this will cause Rubber to perish.
- Treat rubber boots regularly with a silicon rubber conditioner which we sell in our store.
STORING YOUR BOOTS
- Store your rubber boots cool environment inside or undercover out of sunlight.
- Avoid trying to dry your boots near sources of heat as the rubber will deteriorate or buckle.
- Prolonged exposure to direct sun light makes rubber become dry, brittle & it will start cracking as the rubber perishes.
Do not leave your rubber gumboots outside for prolonged periods of time.